Photobucket

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"things that say a lot about people"

--things that say a lot about people--
1} the way which they treat the waiter/waitress:
2} how they feel about the weather:
3} whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books:
4} fingernails:
5} and hands in general:
6} their preferred creative outlet:
7} how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone:
8} whether or not they drink coffee:
9} if they ever forget to eat:
10} how honest they are with themselves (and others):
11} if they correct your grammar:
12} and whether or not they get nervous before haircuts:

and me? 

with waiters, I smile and tip and ask how they are, but don't feel obligated to make excess conversation

rain and thunderstorms are my favorite, especially if it switches from that to sun and back again several times in a day

regular books? I NEVER write in them or doggy-ear, always a bookmark. You would know this if you've ever borrowed a book from me... but my bible? I go at it. highlighting, underlining, gold star stickers- everywhere in my trusty ESV study bible

I bite my nails when they're unpainted, so I have them painted 90% of the time

sometimes my hands are ridiculously soft, sometimes like an elephant (depends on the weather). a few of my fingers are really crooked. all my skinny fingers have big knobby knuckles. I never take my purity ring off my left ring finger and am often asked if I'm engaged... like a lot

writing is my creative outlet of choice

with my family, Zach, or my best friends? talking on the phone is essential, living 1,000 miles away from most of them! otherwise, I am not a huge fan at all and pretty much dread it. 

I love coffee, but don't drink it daily because I don't want to get to the point of needing it daily

I am pretty darn honest with myself and the Lord, and fairly honest with others, in the right context

I am guilty of correcting people's grammar every so often

yes, I get somewhat nervous before haircuts... 

how about you?

[I borrowed this idea from Katie, who got it somewhere on Tumblr]


much love, 

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment