Photobucket

Sunday, May 19, 2013

the things that are happening: update post

Last week I packed up everything that I am not taking with me over the summer in just a few hours and shipped it off to Indiana, then over many many hours last week I packed everything that I had left in my room into a few under 50 lb. bags, cleaned up the dorm, and moved out of three north, room 314... SAD day, as it may be a while before I am about to live with those wonderful girls again.

I'm home! I made it through a whole year at Moody and the summer has begun. 

My dad got another degree and we celebrated with him at his graduation party last night. One more degree and he will make us call him Dr....

At the crack of dawn tomorrow, we (we = me, Ema, Kellyn, Zach, and Joseph) pack up the car and head out to Assateague Island in Maryland for a glorious five days of camping right on the beach! the original plan was Canada, but this will be just as fun, a little cheaper, and we won't have to sneak passport-less Ema back into the country.

Set Apart Girl conference! God has some good stuff in store for this one, and I can't wait to be a part of that.

Small groups. that's happening.

A job! I'm waiting on the Lord and some phone calls right now about this one. eep.

On July 29, I take a plane, the L, a Metra train, and a car to my friend Ellen's for a night, then a car and two planes to GREECE!!!! I am unbelievably excited about this. I will be challenged academically, completing each class in only 2 week modules. I will experience a million new things. I don't even know what God has to teach me, but he always exceeds expectations. And on top of it all, I am spending it with one of my best friends ever Bekah, one of my best buddies who I did not get to see enough this semester Ellen, and a bunch of other great people. It's just a dream come true, people! For real.









No comments:

Post a Comment