Photobucket

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday randoms: Greece edition!

hello and whatever greeting is appropriate for your current time zone (good morning/ good afternoon/ good evening/ why are you awake at such an hour/ etc.)!

Let the randoms commence. 

I am obsessed with feta cheese. Ellen (she is one of my suitemates, they both blog here), go see more of beautiful Greece and beautiful words) and I have been making dinner together and sharing ingredients, and the other night we finally perfected our favorite dinner- fresh bread toasted in the oven with olive oil and baked feta with tomatoes. It's just darn delicious. 

I have only seen a cloud on one short location. Other than that, it has been clear blue skies and high 80s/low 90s every single day. By the time the sun goes down, it's hard to stay indoors. 

I've been keeping sticky notes visible on my computer's desktop so I see them throughout the day. Today, they go something like this... 

"wherever you are, be all there" 
-Jim Eliot

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Ps. 16:11

from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Ps. 61:2

"for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:9


God is teaching me so much. There have been challenges and stresses already, but also SO much encouragement and joy. Last night we had a small group with every girl on the trip. Picture a "small" group of 22 girls hanging out on the roof at night with fresh fig scones and chocolate. It was so great to get on the same page spiritually, encourage each other about the good we've seen going on, and pray for each other. 

God is good. He is my home and my constant. 

Today is a national holiday in Greece called Assumption Day. From what I have gathered, it is a religious memorial holiday for Mary (just about everyone in Greece is Greek Orthodox), so there are services, and it's a day of rest for many people. Our local stores are closed and many people are taking a break. Luckily, the kiosk down the road was open so Bekah and I could each grab an ice cream bar on our walk. Yum. 

Whelp, I have a Philosophy final to study for. Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or want to know more about my Greece trip, leave questions/comments below or on my Facebook page so I can answer them in a future post :)

Wishing you a much less sunburned nose and a much less ridiculous smile... 

Emily 








No comments:

Post a Comment