If we were out on a catch up date right now, I would order an iced dirty chai with soy milk and tell you that life is wicked busy, but there are lots of wonderful things happening!
- I'm going to be an RA (Resident Assistant) next year! I am doing lots of training and just met with my most wonderful new small group. I am excited to grow and learn while serving through the ministry and work ResLife does for this campus. Also, my new floor's mascot is the gnome, so that's a plus.
- Chicago is still wonderful as ever, but the weather lately has been... confused. 80 degree days and snow in the same week? We're getting there.
- This semester's classes are wonderful and the good kind of challenge, but I will definitely be ready to say goodbye to them at the end of this semester!
- Speaking of, I have registered for my classes for the fall including my first two official counseling classes!! I know this sounds weird, since I will be a junior, but that's just the way my schedule works out. It's all integrated, but the first two years are lots of Bible and some gen. eds, the second two are even more Bible plus jumping head first into counseling! Yay.
- A month from yesterday, I will be getting on a plane back to NH! Just in time for miss Kylie's graduation! Woah. I can't believe how fast this semester has flown by. It has been such a blessing but also a weird in-between season. I rest in the fact that God guides me in my steps.
- Summer is coming! In case you were wondering, I will be in NH from May 16 to the second week of August. I'll be working at the Children's Place as much as possible and hanging out! I'm also going camping and one of my dearest friends from school Ellen is coming to visit. There will be time to read for fun, lay around for hours in my hammock, and enjoy my favorite state and favorite people.
things I'm thankful for:
- my roommate. Bekah. I will make her read this so she can see me brag about her. She is the most encouraging, and I love talking to her and getting her perspective on life, watching wholesome movies with her, and just being able to tell her all the ridiculous thoughts that I come up with. She knows my weirdness and loves me all the more for it. Whaaaat a blessing.
- my friends. I can't list them all by name or I'd forget someone, there's just so many people to thank God for! I'm a sap.
- open windows
- flannel sheets even in April because that's all I have here
- new music. see below.
- technology so I can text my parents complaining about a class, deposit checks when I don't have a bank, snapchat ridiculous faces to K and K, and talk to Zach whenever I want! I'm also thankful for all of those wonderful gems of people.
- donuts. and doughnuts.
- the fact that God speaks to us. that is ACTUALLY so unthinkable awesome.
- professors letting you out early because it's so beautiful out.
- my hammock
- the roof
- putting my hammock up on the roof
- the first shorts day of the year
- my little sib
- the way God has absolutely captured her heart
- hard classes
- easy classes
- gospel choir
- new friends
- old friends
- my u-pass
- my job. it is seriously the best.
- sweet parents of kids I nanny for who pay me way more than they're required to because they know I'm a poor college student
- my spring playlist:
thanks for sticking around! no promises to blog more, but I'll see what I can do.
love and sunshine, have the happiest Easter! HE IS RISEN.